Thursday, December 6, 2007

Oversite Day

Wow - busy day. At the plant, all supervisors and managers need to participate in "safety monitoring".  As a production facility, our biggest desire is to send people home to their families in the same condition that they arrived.  Safety is our first priority, with one of our guiding safety principles being "all injuries are preventable".  Today was my day, so I spent most of the day in the field providing oversight for safety.  Tomorrow morning I will present the things that met my expectations, and those that did not to the senior leadership team.

At the completion of my normal work day, I had a meeting of the Board of Directors for the local Project Management Institute chapter, of which, I serve as the President.  I originally volunteered,  about 3 years ago, to become involved to provide startup assistance to this new chapter, based on extensive professional organization experience.  Unfortunately, the President had to resign soon after we got started, due to personal life issues, and I became the President to ensure the Chapter did not dissolve (we only had 48 members at that time).  Tonight was the first meeting with four newly elected officers, and we had a great 90 minutes of orientation and some brainstorming.  We are up to 81 members, and it was very encouraging to have new officers with fresh energy - I expect 2008 will be a great year for PMI Michiana

No comments: