Sunday, December 16, 2007

White Stuff

Wow, we are in a winter storm, and got more than six inches last night.  I got up early today to take my wife to work, as Slick does not do well in the snow.  The winter storm advisory does not end until 7:00 PM tonight.  The main roads were not bad, but blowing and drifting resulted in 18 inches in spots on our road. 

Quiet day today as Beth is working.  I will go out this afternoon and snow blow the driveway.  I set up the tree last night, and we will decorate it this evening.  I am going to make some of my spaghetti sauce, I use lots of garlic and spices, and let it simmer for several hours.  We will do roasted garlic also, which we spread on french bread that has an olive oil spread and lightly toasted (I am making myself hungry, LOL).

Hope you and yours are well and enjoying the holiday season.

Please remember to take time to help others who may not be as fortunate.  In the paper this morning, there was a suggestion to buy something for the local food bank in lieu of a stocking stuffer.  Yesterday, I went through my closet and coat rack and have a duffle bag full for a local homeless Veterans charity (one of my co-workers has a box at work).

God Bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the ride! :)