Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Awake or Not?

Feeling refreshed, but not 100%.  I got home about 0645 this morning, checked my e-mail and had a few cool beverages, and headed to bed at 0730.  I slept until 1200, then got up, puttered, had a workout, and shower.  I think I will most likely take a nap prior to dinner.

 

This crazy work schedule definitely presents its challenges, but is definitely better than the last outage (last outage was 6, 12 hour days per week, yuk!).  This time, I only need to do one night per week, but it sure is a challenge to go from days, to nights, and then back to days. 

 

My routine is to stay up late the night before my night shift, this time I watched the Sly Stallone movie “Eye See You” (not bad, but I would wait until you can see it on one of the premium channels or get it at a severe discount) and went to bed around 2:30 AM.  I then slept until 2:00 PM, had a workout, chatted with my bride for a few minutes, and headed of to work at 4:30 PM.  For the reverse transition, I try and get 4-5 hours (usually not real restful since it is light out), and then get to bed at a normal hour. 

 

I figure I will be a little tired tomorrow, but it sure was nice to be able to spend most of the day with Beth today.  Hope you are having a good week.  :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a nice day together!

I hope this doesn't mess with your sleep TOO much. It will go fast, though, it always does!

Beth