Saturday, March 8, 2008

See Food Nite

Tonight was sea-food night for dinner. 

The menu consisted of broiled salmon, crabbie patties, peas, and garlic rice.  Whenever I make crabbie patties, I make my "bachelor" tartar sauce.  I have come up with a sauce mix that starts with mayo, add some regular mustard and ketchup (color is the key, a faint orange color is desired).  Next comes Wasabe powder, garlic salt, and dill weed.  Mix it all up and serve at room temperature.  It is a great seafood sauce.  The menu would not be complete without a nice Chardonnay.  Yum :o)

Beth volunteered to let me finish her fitch and rice, but I was already full.  Five minutes later, her plate was clean.  See Food Nite was complete.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Muy delicioso! I don't think of it as tartar sauce--tartar sauce is mayo and relish, and that's about it. I also don't care for tartar sauce. Yours is a little spicy but not too much, and a perfect sauce for "crabbie patties." Thanks for a great dinner!

Beth

Anonymous said...

The sauce started off as tartar sauce (my sauce for frozen fish sticks back in my bachelor days), with dill pickles, and has morphed into Crabbie Pattie sauce :o)

Anonymous said...

my DH loves any seafood..not me. But i love a hot salmon patty. Your sauce sounds good too.
lj