Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Lazy Leisure :o)

Ahhhh, a low impact day.  Today is my transition day to tomorrow's night shift at work.  As an added benefit, my bride was off today as well :o) 

I was able to sleep in until 10:00, but the last hour and a half was very restless.  We had a nice morning of puttering on the computer, getting caught up on J-Land.  Noonish, Beth headed out to the store, and I headed out to the backyard.  I am so glad that the winter is finally behind us, today was in the mid-60's.  I decided to get my "workout" in via outside activities instead of the recumbent bike or treadmill (I did manage to get a little weight work in though).

My goal is to slowly empty the old garage in preparation for converting it into a workout area.  To that end, I hung my new bird house (a golf bag that I got from Beth for Christmas), hung all of our wind chimes - it is such a pleasant sound with the gentle breeze - and filled the bird bath we have off of our deck.  Also, with the sustained coldness behind us, I turned on the water to the outside faucets (always a milestone, 'cause that really means that Old Man Winter is gone for the year).

While all the "growth" is dormant, I also headed to the garden area and made the path wider around the deer fence.  Also, I have created a path in the marsh, that the wildlife love to use, and that we occasionally meander along.  There is one particular area that the mower gets caught in, so I went out with the shovel and made the area wider and flatter.  I have to admit, by the time I was done, I definitely needed to hit the showers.

Tonight will be American Idol and stir fry with our new Wok :o)  Beth will head off to bed, and I will most likely watch a Matrix movie or two. 

So, thanks Wifey for a nice day. Spring is definitely in the air. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, too, Hubby! It feels great to have the windows open and know that warm weather is on the way! All day long, the peeper frogs have been peeping away, and I love that sound. A great day!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day.  Good for you.  I love that you take care of the birds and you reminded me to get my wind chimes out so my son can hang them for me when he comes over.  Have a good rest of the week.  I too love American Idol.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I so look forward to being able to put out the bird feeder and start working on my shed again. Enjoy AI and your movie.

Dan

http://journals.aol.com/slapinions/Slap-Inionscom