Thursday, April 3, 2008

Who Do You Laugh At?

Ah yes, for the past three days, I have been trying to catch some ZZZ's in the late morning, and let me tell you, it is difficult to get restful rest.  I got up at 1130 before my alarm went off, and called in to work - luckily, I get to keep to my one night per week schedule (this morning, there was a chance that due to an illness, I might have to go on nights for the remainder of the outage).  Yea! I get to stay on my current schedule (Beth is very pleased also).

After I got up today, I was in the basement getting my workout in.  I started the new Stephen King novel, Duma Key, and was really getting absorbed in it as I did the recumbent bike.  In the background, I heard an incessant beeping sound, the kind that you hear when a truck is backing up.  We have some neighbors across the street that have such vehicles, and I was thinking to myself, wish they would get a grip on this and stop the beeping.

Lo and behold, as I came up the stairs, I determined that the incessant beeping was coming from my bedroom, as the second alarm on my clock continued its 30+ minute beeping :o)

I know I felt foolish, but actually laughed out loud as well.  We all do silly things at times.  So I ask you, if you cannot laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful attitude and as you get older (I know from experience) you will find a lot more things that you do that are funny.  Get some rest.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I love the quote, "Those who are able to laugh at themselves shall never cease to be amused." So glad you don't have to work nights this month. It's just not as much fun around here without Bucko. :)

Beth

Anonymous said...

I tend to laugh off my deafness all the time (helps keep me sane in an otherwise insane silence)....Having said that, Doc uses 4 (yep, the count is right) alarm clocks, placed around the bedroom, so he has to get up and turn them off. If I wasn't deaf that in itself would drive me insane every morning at 5:30. Humor never hurt the soul, rather nourishes it. (Hugs) Indigo