Sunday, April 20, 2008

Vitamin D :o)

What a glorious day.  Hope J-Land all had a wonderful day with their loved ones today.

We stayed up late last night, watching SNL, so slept in today.  Did our morning paper and coffee (me)/tea (Beth) ritual, and then headed out to the backyard.  Beth's mission was flower pictures (see them at Nutwood Junction) and cleaning the leaves out of the garden pond. 

My main activity was picking up sticks, how exciting :o)

I also was able to remove some broken-up concrete from the vicinity of our back pond (only 25' x 15', but the deer and other wildlife love it).  This way I will be able to mow closer, and as the summer wears on, I go down and dig the pond out bigger by hand.  It is slow, I have done it for two years now, but it is a great workout, and we plan on being here a long time, so no hurry.  Then we spent some time on our deck, soaking up the rays, and as Beth said, she could feel the Vitamin D being generated :o) 

After getting cleaned up, I got things ready for going back to work tomorrow; making coffee, getting my clothes laid out, setting the alarm (how domestic I am).  Hopefully, this will be my last week of the "crazy" schedule; Monday in office, Tuesday work some from home, Wednesday night at the plant, Thursday work some from home, Friday back in the office.

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great day, Honey! Man, I love this time of year!

Beth

Anonymous said...

your temps make me jealous, in got to 68 here and couldn't stand it got out in the yard and raked WET leaves. :)

Chili

Anonymous said...

I do the same to get ready for my work day ahead, make the coffee, set the alarm etc!!

only thing is since I work from home, I never have to worry about what my schedule will be and where I'll be from day to day; I literally have a 12 inch commute from home computer to work computer

enjoy the week ahead

betty

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed my stop-over, sounds like you had a good day,  I had a pond at our last property before moving to senior citizen housing.  I dug mine slowly, making it a little bigger each year due to State Regulations and finally ended up with a nice pond, even stocked it with bullheads to clean the bottom.

Gary

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely day.  I have been under the weather the last few days so didn't get out in the nice sunshine today but did open up every window.  Hope you have a great week.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

It's been beautiful here too. I've been slacking about getting outside and doing yard work yet. NY weather is so unpredictable I don't want to end up doing too much, too soon. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Yesterday in North Carolina was lovely. I got to work in my flowerbed and actually planted a few new annuals. It was a glorious day. Loved Beth's flower pictures!--Sheria

Anonymous said...

Thanks every one for stopping by :o)

I am confident you will soon have good weather!

Anonymous said...

<<<<< has to sit down and rest from listening to all the work bucko has been doing, and to his schedule..........whew!

glad you had some "together" time with "wifey" and were able to spend it in tune with nature.

be blessed,

regina

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by my journal.  I'll be adding you to my alerts!
Missie