Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring Has Arrived!

Well, another Thursday, after a Wednesday night-shift of work, is behind me.  I slept until about 1:30 PM, which has a tendency to shorten the day <LOL>. 

 

Around 3:15 PM, I decided that today’s workout would be spent outdoors since the temperature here is around 80 degrees (finally).  My main task was to shift items from the old garage to the new garage in preparation for establishing a work-out room :o).  Also, picked up some branches to get ready for the first lawn mowing of the year, and lit the burn pile in the backyard (still some hefty branches that need to be disposed of after our winter storms).

 

I decided to take tomorrow off, except for a work related phone call I need to be involved with at 11:00 AM (still cheaper than driving to work).  Then, tomorrow early afternoon, we are going to head off to the Dayton Ohio area for a Saturday visit with the kids.  We are very excited to see the kids, spend some quality time with them, and as an added benefit, we have made arrangements to hook-up with some friends from our cruise Friday evening for dinner.

 

Hoping everyone is having a pleasant week, and that you are looking forward to a wonderful weekend :o)


Tags:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How well I remember the shift work at Kodak, and then Paper Mills, 7-3, 3-11, 11-7, then after going into Law Enforcement it was 12 on and 12 off, then permanant shifts, then 3 on and 2 off, never did adjust to it so after 29 years I hung it up.

Gas here is $3.61.9, so we have to plan out trips to the Lake and "YES", spring is arriving here also, we still have snowbanks but today it got up to 68 at the lake.

Enjoyed my visit,   thanks!

Gary

http://journals.aol.com/badge9408/old-woodys-page/  

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your 3 day weekend and your visit to see the kids.  The weather has been really nice here as well.  It will soon be summer.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

hi; thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you have a nice visit with your kids; we lived in Montana for 8 years so I remember getting ready for the first mowing of the year, they called it power raking up there to get rid of all the dead stuff, etc.

betty