Saturday, February 16, 2008

Protect Your Privacy

Two excellent locations to guard your personal information.

Do-not-call-registry: call 888-382-1222 from the phone you wish to register, or visit donotcall.gov

Stop prescreened credit offers by calling 888-5OPTOUT or registering on optoutprescreen.com

Last June, just as we were leaving on vacation, I got a call from American Express asking about some questionable activity.  It was clear that my card information had been compromised.  We were able to get a replacement, and our damage was minimized.  We now have protection and monitoring in place.

In todays information age, please make sure you protect yourself :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had my bank card compromised last year. It was a nightmare to get that mess straightened out. Someone had gotten a hold of my # and paid for a full year to Harmony.com and numerous other cost. Loved explaining that one to Doc. The thing is the bank I had been using , I'd been a client for over 5 years, knew all the tellers and managers. You would think for someone who never went over her limit, or charged things online would of made them sit up and question it.

It took me two months to straighten that out, closing the account multiple times. Finally I said enough. I now use a different bank and they are a lot more vigilente with how things are run. (Hugs) Indigo