Saturday, February 2, 2008

That's Just Obscene

What a change, watching (actually more listening) to golf early in the morning.  The Dubai Desert Classic is on, and Tiger was leading by one going into today's round.  Alas, he had a bad day and goes into tomorrow down by four. 

One of the shots that Tiger made early on  was from sand, under palm fronds, and toward the green.  When he hit the shot, using all of his might, the announcer stated "That's Just Obscene."

So why did I reference that quote???  Well, two fold. 

One, someone said that to me on Thursday when I was discussing our long range planning processes here at Nutwood, and the fact that six years ago we had a major milestone identified, and that we were going to miss it by two weeks; it would be 4/15/08 versus the original 3/31/08 date.  He actually said, "That's Obscene". 

Second, I actually started Christmas shopping today, and I know that that is hard for some to imagine.  I shop all year long, which helps eliminate year end stress and also helps levelize the budget. 

So, happy holidays to all. :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a brat (meant in a nice way)....Beth is one lucky lady. I couldn't hope to shop this early, are you kidding.....Musicians are one finicky bunch of people, especially the one I live with. Trust me if there is another version to his favorite Fender Guitar he already owns it or knows about it...(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Brat would always be considered a compliment from you Indy.  I'm the lucky one in many ways.  Thanks for continuing to visit. :o)