Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Deja Vu

Watching the Fighting Illini tonight against USC brought back memories of their last Rose Bowl trip in 1984.  I had the chance during my Senior year at the University of Illinois to go to the 1984 Rose Bowl.  What a wonderful 10 day trip, except for the three hours during which the Illini got whipped, just like tonight.

I did get the chance, against my better judgement, to cheer for Michigan, who managed to beat Florida.  I swallowed my pride and called Coach to congratulate him on his team's victory.

I have to admit though, that even though I am a huge Big Ten fan, I have not made up my mind regarding the National Championship.  My leaning currently is to cheer for LSU over Ohio State.

Back to the grind tomorrow, hope you all had a great start to 2008.

Bucko.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the Illini. I was cheering for them! As for the championship game, I have to cheer for LSU, even though they're playing a Big Ten team.

Beth