Friday, January 18, 2008

Fighting Illini

I was reading my Illinois Alumni (U of I) magazine tonight and was intrigued by a picture of former NBA Star Michael Jordan in an Illinois shirt.  Here is what the caption said: "Above, former NBA star Michael Jordan, left, whose son, Jeff, plays on the Illinois basketball team,..."

Wow, what an endorsement for a public university.  Someone as rich as Michael Jordan (who lives in Chicago) could send his son to any school he chooses.  So obviously, "Mike" thinks that Illinois is a good school, that coach Weber is a good teacher, and he values where he lives.

Thanks Mike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool! I had no idea. Next time we watch the Illini, we'll look for the young Jordan. I guess Illinois is a pretty good school after all....

:)
Beth