Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Rate Case

Quiet morning, having the opportunity to do some work from home.  Today four of us from my work are going to the Indiana & Michigan Power (I&M) offices in Fort Wayne, IN, to work on our first rate case filing in 15 years.  At this time of higher gasoline prices and mortgage fears, raising electricity prices is not favorable.  However, if we want to keep our power plant on-line, we need to make reliability upgrades and improvements.  We need to get these costs included into the rate case, since that is how regulated utilities make money.

Should be an educational experience. 

Hopefully the roads will be better today than they were yesterday.

Update:

It was very educational, and I learned a lot about how the rate case process works.  However, based on Beth's eyes glazing over as I tried to explain it, I will leave this to you to research on your own :o)

No comments: