Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fore!

Today was low key, but fun.  We headed out at 10:30 to Turnbull Bay Golf Course for our Vegecation tradition.  At this juncture, I play, Beth drives the cart, and she does a little chipping and putting.  Down the road, she will be able to play a full round.  She did manage to hit a few at the driving range though :o)

Not bad for the first time out this year (that is so disappointing), five pars, a birdy, and a final score of 88.  That is probably one of my better efforts.

After we cooled off on the balcony (it was very hot and I definitely sweated up a storm), we walked down the beach to the original New Smyrna downtown.  We went into a few shops, and got a vase for our curio cabinet, locally made.  Then to Breakers on the beach for a couple of beers. 

Very pleasant, walking with my best friend along the beach, holding fingers (too hot to hold hands :o)  Sad that there are only two days left, but with our friend Lee from Jacksonville coming tomorrow to stay for the night, and some good lunches in our future, two days is "priceless".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have played golf since I was a teenager, but I never saw 88!   It is June and Bob and I have not gone out to play, yet.  In its stead we've been hiking and loving the freedom to take this trail or that.  Whatever the activity we do it holding hands, or pinkies depending on the heat.  I miss the golf, however, because we would give a kiss after sunk a putt.   -Karen

Anonymous said...

This week has soared past hon...Wish you and Beth could of enjoyed more time. So what are you doing on the computer get out there and milk it for what it's worth (winks)..(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

My husband would love to play at Turnbull Bay Golf Course.  Enjoy the rest of your week.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Make the most of the last couple days.  I always hate to see a good vegecation end.       Joyce

Anonymous said...

ahh  how sweet you better keep her I would of skipped the golf and went for the shops early lol
hugs
Sherry