Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday, Almost the Weekend :o)

Glad today is Thursday, that means only one more day until the weekend starts :o)

This morning was a whirlwind, getting four meetings completed, some last minute business conducted, then hitting the road.  I got home around 2:45 P.M., had a cool beverage with my bride, scratched the kitty behind the ears, and packed my bag for a quick two day trip.  The first leg of the trip is to Columbus Ohio for some knowledge gathering on how our business is run in other parts of the company.  Arrived after 4.5 hours of straight driving, called my boss who arrived last night, and we headed across the street to Morton's Steakhouse.  After a long day, a couple of beers, and a nice glass of Merlot went very nicely with my two bacon wrapped filets <yum>.  This was after a quarter wedge of lettuce with Blue Cheese, tommytoes, and eggs; and an appetizer of Calimari.  A nice meal and some candid and also fun talk with my boss.

After the meetings tomorrow, it is off to the Dayton Ohio area, where Saturday I am looking forward to spending the day with my kids.  It has been a couple of months since I have seen them.......

I am looking forward to our day together.

Here is wishing you a happy Friday, and a nice run up to the weekend.

Ken :o)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss you....WAAAH, RICKKKYYYY!

But Sheeboo and Little Red Doggy will probably keep me pretty good company.

Glad your dinner with the boss went well...bacon-wrapped filets??

Mmmm. Nom nom nom.

B.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

... I always count 'Thursday' as 'pre-Friday'!

... Wenesday's are 'other Monday's' ..!

... ooh, you live in Columbus ... the best state fair in the country, dontcha know ..!

Anonymous said...

have a wonderful trip
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time with the kids.  Sounds like a busy and fun weekend for you.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hi there Ken.....hope you have a nice visit with your kids.  And a safe drive back home.  Linda in WA

Anonymous said...

Great job on the Guest Editor picks!

Beth

Anonymous said...

No wonder why you love your wife, she cracks me up...
Enjoy the visit with your kids hon. See ya when your roll back this way. By the way awesome job with the guest editor picks. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being Guest Editor. Paula

Anonymous said...

sounds like a busy day! Happy 4th Bucko to you and yours!
love,natalie