Monday, June 2, 2008

Sea Breeze

Today was another lazy Vegecation day.  After a kind of lazy morning, coffee for me and tea for Beth, and some reading on the balcony/walkway, we decided to venture to the beach for some rays.  After we slathered some SPF 30 on our fair skinned bodies, we headed to the sand and waves.

 

Beth remained out for about 60 minutes, me for about 90 minutes.  I am pleased to report that neither of us over did it today.  The water felt a little cold at first, but we became acclimated quite quickly.  After Beth went in, I ventured out a little farther and enjoyed a little bit of wave smack-down.  It is truly amazing the power of the ocean, and I never tire of going out into the waves.  Later this week, I will rent a boogie board and catch some wave action, usually best at high tide.

 

We went out to get a few things today, and unfortunately, the fish market was closed today.  We will have to settle for grilled steak, baked potato, salad with blue cheese, and fresh corn on the cob – woe is us, how shall we endure (picture back of hand brushing across my forehead :o) 

 

Three days down, and two books behind me.  The first was Dean Koontz's "The Darkest Evening of The Year", very entertaining and some unique characters as always - with more and more information provided as you turn the pages (I cannot say more cause Beth is reading this one now).  Second was Dean Koontz's "Odd Hours".  Odd is such a great character, and reading his "manuscripts" is truly wonderful. 

 

We had a late snack, so are planning a beach walk.  It is always refreshing to pull in the sea breeze, especially after a thunderstorm squall blows through like it did tonight at about 5:00 PM.  Very normal for this time of year.

 

Hope the start of your week was pleasant today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great Vegecation day. I mentioned to Beth I was in the midst of reading Kootz Odd series myself. How odd is that (winks)...Glad to hear you guys are taking the sun in with precautions of not coming back lobsters. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great time...wish I was there...LOL.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

... okay ... I like the name of 'The Darkest Evening of the Year' ... puts in my mind songs I like ('The Feel Good Day of the Fall', by !!!, 'The Last Good Day of the Year', by Cousteau) and Stephen King's mini series, 'Storm of the Century' ...

... keep on enjoying yourselves ..!  Isn't it great how much more enjoyable something like the days you are describing are, when you have someone you love to share them with ..?

Anonymous said...

I am getting so jealious I would love to go on vacation right now have a great time
hugs
Sherry