Sunday, June 22, 2008

Vacation Blues

What a past couple of weeks it has been.  As you may know, we had our vegecation to Florida about two weeks ago.  While we love our vegecations, the run up, and aftermath at work never ceases to amaze me. 

Up until last night, in preparation for our comedy club evening, and today, a family reunion, we have not eaten dinner prior to 9:30 P.M. due to my late arrivals home from work, and having additional work to do when I get home (I try and get home as early as I can, 'cause working at the table with a cool beverage is so much better than being at the office :o). 

Tonight, I can finally claim victory to being caught up from vegecation.  I had to do the performance review for my team, and that was the last thing on the list. 

I almost dread our next vegecation, about 10 days in California at the end of July and into early August.  So, 10 days, does that mean 3 weeks of catch-up?  I hope not, I will do my best to get things arranged to not require that level of effort - IT IS VERY DRAINING :o)

Hope you had as nice of a weekend as we did :o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you finally got all caught up I hope your foot is better.. have a great day at the reunion
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

My husband hates taking vacations, cause it ends up taking him weeks to get caught up at work. LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

Glad you were finally able to catch up. Now hopefully you can take it easy until the next vegecation to Cali. I did indeed have a great weekend, first time in a long time Doc had a weekend free. I think we may have finally found "The" vehicle. Doc is going after work today to talk to the the guy. Keep your fingers crossed. It's a sweet ride, great on gas mileage and an '04. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

... that is what they are for ... your recharge is going to make sure you have more than enough for catch up, and you just cycle into life again ..!

... dreading a vege-out opportunity ... never that ..!

Anonymous said...

Two steps forward, one step back...eh?  Good to hear you caught up just in time to go away again (:>)
Karen