Friday, June 27, 2008

Nuclear Power - Political Message Attached

Monday, I will have the pleasure of hearing Congressman Fred Upton, from Michigan, talk at the Cook Nuclear Power Plant.  I am a member of the Board Of Directors for our Michigan Committee For Responsible Government, another way of saying a PAC.  Michigan law is unique (go figure), and we can only contribute if we have a separate PAC (versus the Federal PAC that the rest of my company belongs to).  Fred has been a huge supporter of Nuclear Power over the years, so I am really looking forward to hearing his perspectives with the election looming.

After he has lunch with us, and provides us with his insights, Congressman Upton will be conducting a press conference to announce an $80,000 NRC Grant to our local Lake Michigan College (LMC) for scholarships supporting a new Energy Production Technology Degree at LMC.  Our Chief Nuclear Officer, who I work with on a frequent basis, will also be part of the press conference, stressing the need for a future qualified workforce in nuclear power.

Rest assured, there will be an entry on Monday with some tidbits :o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool that you get to hear what one of Michigan's congressmen has to say! Wish I could be there! Congressman Upton seems to be a pretty decent guy, very down-to-earth.

Beth

Anonymous said...

I'll be waiting for that entry.  Have a good weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

... I hope to catch that entry ...

Anonymous said...

hey Bucko! Big Congrats on your new grant! Awesome buddy!
love,nat