Monday, July 21, 2008

Campaign Corner - Stricken From The Call

For the second time in a month, legislation (H.R. 6515) that would do nothing to address America’s energy crisis has been defeated by the U.S. House. H.R. 6515 is the “use it or lose it” bill that I alluded to in a previous entry.  Like the last version, H.R. 6515 breaches contracts by re-writing terms under which oil companies may use and bid on leases.  This would drive away oil and gas companies from the U.S. and lower production of energy.  It is based on a claim, dismissed by the Department of the Interior, that industry is “stockpiling” 68 million acres of federal leases. 

I recently came across the phrase “Stricken From The Call”, and researched a few legal sites, but did not find this as an official phrase.  However, I really like this phrase, and I think it really fits this legislation that was presented for votes twice in the last month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I don't understand the intricacies of that bill, I DO love the "stricken from the call" phrase! I'm adding that to my personal dictionary. (Nothing written down, it's just in my head.)

Beth