Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Science Scene - Deodorize Your Car :o)

Two options, and one is less smelly than the other :o)

1. Place a box filled with wadded up newspapers in your car overnight, and let the carbon used in the black newsprint act like activated carbon in odor-removing filters.

2. Place a shallow bowl filled with white vinegar or baking soda or used fresh coffee grounds in the car.  Be sure to air out the vehicle before driving, or it could be unpleasant.

So, which one will you try? :o)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My car isn't all that stinky. What's been going on in Blacky?

Beth

Anonymous said...

Nothing recently, but I am going to be taking some "tuna" fitch to work tomorrow.  Not sure if that will require aeration or not :o)

Anonymous said...

My ex bf is a smoker & I put a bunch of eucalyptus in the back seat of his car, worked wonders. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

I never thought of using them in the car but I have used the vinegar and baking soda I will try the newspaper I never heard of it .
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

LOL.. Beth!!!  I may try the wadded up newspaper if I ever need it.... can't imagine what for, but you never know!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

thanks Bucko!
nat

Anonymous said...

I'd try the Newspapers!

Hugs, Rose
http://journals.aol.com/rjsisti/roses-are-read/