Friday, July 25, 2008

TGIF :o)

Wow, what a week it has been :o(

The run up to vacation is always a challenge, trying to get everything set up so that you can take off for a while, guilt free.  Beth and I have already agreed I will not take my work laptop with us, and my manager concurs.

So, this week has been very hectic, was able to get home one night early at 4:30 P.M., but the other four nights was never before 6:30 P.M..  Also, have worked each night, including tonight, until after 9:00 P.M.

So, I am happy to be Weekend Boy :o)

More to follow in the next couple of days I am sure.  I hope your week was less hectic than mine and that you have a Wonderful Weekend planned.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to encounter you again, Weekend Boy. :)

Beth

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I don't have to bring my work home with me. (Mind you, being a postman, it would probably get me arrested).
I hope they pay you well for putting in the extra hours.
Have a good weekend.

B.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember the days of long hours and 'homework' and sleepless nights thinking about what I had to do next at work.  Belive it or not, sometimes I miss that...lol.  I have a tee shirt that someone gave me when I retired to help me remember...It reads...We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.  It always amazes me when people read my shirt out in public - how many faces light up with recognition...LOL.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I worked for years (14 to be exact) as the only printer in a small family business. My boss (who was actually my ex FIL) was a hard ass. He would continue taking in jobs left and right, right up to the day of vacation. One week out of the year he would close down the business - we all more or less were given that week off for vacation. I already worked 50-60 hour weeks for the norm. The week before vacation I could easily put in over 70 hours. I remember being so tired over vacation that it didn't seem worth having the time off anyway. Only to come back and have an already full agenda waiting for me. So in short I can sympathize with what it takes just to get that week off. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great weekend
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

hope that the weekend is a great one!
hugs,natalie