Saturday, July 19, 2008

New Toy Alert :o)

So, Beth kind of let you know that there may be a new toy at Nutwood Junction.
 
 
 
I spent some quality time at Circuit City today (first trip was to buy the camera, second trip was to pick up the memory card the clerk did not put in the bag, third trip was to replace the memory card since he had stored it next to an old style phone, that had MAGNETS!). 
 
I brought my existing Canon lenses with me, and good thing.  Turns out they only work with a Canon camera body.  So I picked up a Canon EOS Rebel XTi, 10.1 megapixel, digital SLR (single lense reflex) camera today.
 
 
I have been saving for this "toy" for more than six months, and with our pending trip to California, needed to get it and do some experimenting.  I even went so far as to purchase a maintenance agreement (I normally would never dream of this, but the cost was only $55 per year for three years, and this is a newer technology, so I went ahead and bit-the-bullet :o)
 
 
 
So after some puttering, and some software loading, I was able to upload my first picture.  How could this picture not be of our beloved kitty - Sheeba?  Here he is nestled next to the TV and stereo amplifier (why he is seeking heat when it is 82 degrees inside, I have no idea). 
 
So, all I can say J-Land, is watch out, there is a new digital camera at Nutwood Junction, and there may be some pictures in your future.
 
Hope you had a great day today, ours was very low key, but yet high tech :o)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seems to me that the first thing you have to do is memorize the name of the camera.

Anonymous said...

I know it was frustrating to deal with all of that, but I'm glad everything is up and running, and that you can practice a bit before we go west, young man!

You didn't mention that Papa's got a brand new bag--a nice backpack-style camera bag that will be much easier to carry than your previous one. :)

Beth

Anonymous said...

I knew your new toy was going to be a camera!  Lucky you!  Enjoy and I expect to see lots of pictures.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.  I hope you and Beth have a ball with it.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Speaking as one who has only just recently acquired a new DSLR, I can only wish you as much fun as I'm having.

B.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/oddb0dkins/WaffleandWhinge/

Anonymous said...

Bucko,
You're gonna love your new camera.  It is an absolutely amazing camera!

Uncle Bill