Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Serenade :o)

 
Today was a fairly quiet day.  We slept in until about 9:30 A.M., read the paper, and surfed J-Land.  I did some work-work as we watched the final of the British Open golf tourney (the conditions would have really favored Tiger, the winning score was +5).
 
I then decided that I needed to get a little ambitious, so I headed out about 2:30 P.M. to cut the lawn.  I then fired up (connected the battery, it is electric) my new hedge trimmer, and cut back some growth on the wetlands path [perhaps some pictures in the future :o)]
 
Last, but not least, "Team Nutwood" put together our new Mission style table.  I think it looks quite nice, what do you think?  [a shameless way to use my camera again]
 
Do you like the dualing laptops ??? <LOL>
 
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, I know we did, but as always, it was just too damn short!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every day is the weekend when you are retired...grin.  sorry, I couldn't resist.
I love you new table.  Very much my style.  Also love the dueling laptops.  That says to me that you guys play together even when you are doing separate things.  Good for you.  Have a good week.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I think the weekends always go by so darn fast.  Love the new table!
Missie

Anonymous said...

I just went wireless this weekend and I love it , I can actually move around now and not be tied to a cord .. I loved the pictures and the new toy ..
have a great week I am so behind it might be that long before I get back around lol
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

I do like the dueling laptops!  Sometime at our house there are three laptops and a desktop going at the same time in the living room.  Love the table AND the chairs.  It sounds like you guys had a nice comfortable easy Sunday.
Lori

Anonymous said...

I think part of the reason I read is I sort of love the Team Nutwood Romance as well as all the other interesting info.  Not that you'd put pictures of that on an AOL journal ;O

Anonymous said...

I really like Mission style furniture and I have great respect for the work that it took putting it all together. I purchased a Mission style headboard for my guest bedroom a couple of years ago. Of course, being not so brright about these things, I had no idea that the huge box contained the headboard in 17 pieces and not the model that I was so taken with on the floor. Naturally, I needed the bed put together because I purchased it to furnish my unfurnished guest room and I was expecting house guests in three days. It took me two days to put the headboard together and assistance from my sister and her husband to lift it from the floor where I had worked on it and attach it to the bed rails!

The dueling lap tops are charming, as is Team Nutwood.--Sheria