Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer Nights :o)

This was a really long week, even though it was short.  As I mentioned in a previous entry, Monday was a Qualiday, so it was only a four day week, but they were all eleven hour days, and then at least another hour at home after getting caught up on journals :o)

So how does a perfect Friday night unfold?  First, I got home around 6:00 P.M., an early day for a change.  A cold beverage was waiting for me as I walked in the door.  I kissed my bride, our cat flopped for a quick belly rub, and I had a sip of my amber beverage :o)

As we sat and chatted, Beth asked, guess who made guest editor?  I threw out a few J-Land names, and she said, no, closer!  Finally, she could contain herself no longer, and she said we both made it.  Turns out that Sherry at Sherry's Weight Loss Journey was the Magic Smoke guest editor and put in a plug for this humble J-Land couple.  Thanks so much!

After I had a chance to unwind for a spell, we got changed and headed out for a night at our local Single A Baseball Park, Coveleski Stadium, home of the Silverhawks, a farm team for the Arizona Diamondbacks.  It was a great night, after a splash of rain, it cooled to a manageable 85 degrees (or thereabout), we got into Blacky (my convertible Mustang), cranked up the Kid Rock CD, and rolled to the ball park.

 

After grabbing a couple of beers and a shared pretzel, we settled in to our seats (started off in the wrong section, but finally made it over to the rest of my Employee's Club group).  Even though the home team ended up losing, we had a great time.  We had a couple of beers, a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich, and got to see some awesome fireworks.

On the way home, we put the top down again, replayed the same Kid Rock songs, and truly enjoyed the drive home.  As Beth said when we got home, even if there is onlyone night per year like tonight, it is worth having a convertible.

So, here is hoping that the transition into your weekend was as pleasant as ours was.  Have a great Saturday!

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making guest editor pick on Magic Smoke...you and Beth both.  Very cool.  Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

congrats on being a guest editor's pick!! sounds like a fun evening!! we have a farm team here where I live (Southern California/inland) for the San Diego Padres called the Storm; we've been enjoying going to their games; they play pretty good ball

enjoy the rest of the weekend

betty

Anonymous said...

For some reason when I hear a Kid Rock song I think of a leaning trailer with a satellite dish as its only decoration, but I do find myself singing along with the songs.   Congrats to both of you for being guest editor picks.  I obviously agree.  I come around enough. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

You're making me miss my convertible!  I had a Seabring convertible until last December.  I traded it in for a Jeep.  Glad you both had a good time at the game.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and Beth on being chosen for this weeks Editor picks. Sounds like you had a delightful summer evening. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Big Congrats to you and Beth!
and I'm happy that you had a great time at the game!
hugs,natalie

Anonymous said...

Sounded like a perfect evening!  Congratulations on being picked by Guest Editor Sherry!  

Dirk

Anonymous said...

... good start to your weekend ..! Kudos to you ..!