Monday, July 21, 2008

Wassup?

This is a picture of my summer intern LindsayShe attends the University of Michigan (as as a graduate of Illinois and a loyal Notre Dame fan I do not hold that against her).  She expressed an interest in Environmental, so she got to spend a day with them.  A rough job, going out on the boat (I have not been able to do that!). You can see our plant in the background.

Wassup is what I imagine the fish saying, and I have a version in my office with that coming out of its mouth (Lindsay found it very funny!)

This is my fifth year of having a summer intern, and it is so pleasurable to have a positive influence in a budding career and to provide a positive experience :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, did she catch that fish? That's a monster!

Beth

Anonymous said...

I had summer interns at GM the last four or five years of my career.  It is a joy.  They are young and full of enthusiasm (which is contagious) and so eager to be part of the work force and learn everything they can.  Wonderful experience for both them and us.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I was never an intern, but I fondly remember people I interacted with thru high school, college & early employment who were a positive influence on me & went out of their way to explain things & plant upbeat, even idealistic, seeds.  It is catchy & it is appreciated.
~Mary