Tuesday, July 8, 2008

This Entry is for Dan @ Slapinions :o)

So today, I went to my recent new friend Dan's journal Slapinions, where he discussed his opinion of my two favorite Chicago sports teams.  So, having just this morning read the below entry from FoxBusiness.com, I could not resist posting this entry :o)

Here is hoping that the best team (the Cubs) wins, and that they are professional in how they do it.  Below is a summary of the article (you can find it by Google Searching using the string "Cubs World Series Fox Network."

*********************************************************

NEW YORK -- Much of the baseball world is praying for the Chicago Cubs to reach the World Series for the first time since 1945 -- and to go on to win the Fall Classic for the first time since 1908.

Your math is correct. The pride of the North Side of Chicago hasn't won baseball's championship in 100 years, not since the first time a ball dropped on New Year's Eve in Times Square and Mother's Day was first observed, since Robert Peary set sail for the North Pole and William Howard Taft was elected president of the United States.

And on Oct. 14, 1908, the Cubbies beat the Detroit Tigers, 2-0, in the World Series' fifth game to capture the team's second consecutive title.

A World Series showcasing the Chicago Cubs would be a dream for Major League Baseball, Fox (which is showing the World Series) and baseball fans (almost) everywhere.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the Cubbies make it to the Series, it wiill be sheer craziness around here. Bro-in-law Tom's head will probably explode!

Beth

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I'm a die hard football fan and don't know much about the baseball scene.  Good luck to you and Dan, who apparantly love the game.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

*Gag* Who wrote that, Jim Hendry?

That Harden trade means the ol' Central is going to be a dogfight all the way. Looking forward to it.

BTW, I do think the author is nuts.  'Much' of the baseball world isn't praying for a Cubs win, nor is a Series w/ the cubs a 'dream' for 'baseball fans (almost) everywhere)'.

But I am glad to have inspired your competitive fire :)

Dan

Anonymous said...

Even though I'm not a Cubs fan, I would like to see them at least go to the World Series. Much of the baseball world praying for them????

Dirk

Anonymous said...

*Evil Grin* I've been a Yankee fan since I was a little girl (Seriously I lived in NY till I was 9 and came back at 18)...So you can have your Cubs in the series...wouldn't mind seeing them up against the NY Yankees. Now that would be a showdown. (Hugs)Indigo