Monday, July 7, 2008

Qualiday :o)

Today was the end of a four day weekend for me.  At work, this is the first of five Qualiday's that we will be able to have.  In order to improve the quality of our away-from-work time, we have selected five Mondays where the majority of our personnel will have the day off (we will work 10 hour days the remainder of the week, like I don't already <LOL>).

After two days of doing household chores (built a new patio under our garage stairs and put in some stepping stones, and putting in gutter guards yesterday [bet the heat index on the roof was above 100 degrees since our thermometer registered 93 degrees in the shade of the deck]), I decided to have a more low key day today.

That worked out really well.  After sleeping in until about 10:00 A.M., up to have some coffee and to explore some J-land friends :o)  Then it was off to develop a document for business planning at our plant - something I spent a good four hours on.  Had I been at work, with interruptions and phone calls, I bet this would have taken me a good 12 hours.  Sometimes, having the ability to focus and concentrate, for long periods of time, can produce amazing results.

So here is hoping that you get the chance to focus on something that is important to you, and that you achieve your own amazing results.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but sing (badly) "Qualiday! It would be so nice!" as in the Madonna song. That's all I know of that song, though!

It was great having a long weekend with you. There's no one I'd rather hang with.

Beth

Anonymous said...

Gotta love those long holiday weekends!
Missie

Anonymous said...

It was 93 here today too.  Hot, hot, hot!  I like the hot weather though so no complaints here.  Glad you enjoyed your long weekend.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

& here I was so sure QUALIDAY was some cheesy motel you & Beth visited :-0. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

... what a great weekend ... filled with personal accomplishments, loving work around the house as well as getting ready for business on Monday ... give that man an ovation ..!

Anonymous said...

there is nothing grander than sleeping in...at ot 10:00 no less!  good for you.
Karen