Sunday, August 17, 2008

Denver Bound

I had a chuckle this morning when I was getting caught up on a few journals and e-mail.  I had a funny Garfield strip from Joyce at My Extremely Simple Life, and read an entry from Lori at Dusty Pages, both of which dealt with the "morning".  I chuckled because both Joyce and Lori talk about how they need their time and coffee in the morning.  That is how I am as well, I even have a little statue on my desk at work that one of my previous interns gave me that says "Beware of Ken Until He's Had His Morning Coffee" :o)

So my day started with my weekend routine of coffee (piping hot due to the automatic timer), and the paper.  Then I got caught up on J-Land.  As I was doing these activities, I was also reviewing my schedule and activities to make sure I could get everything done without rushing. 

I am heading to Denver this afternoon for a Pandemic Planning Workshop.  The participants will be the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), the Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI), and nuclear power plant Business Continuity Coordinators (BCC's).  I fall into the last category.  Power plants are considered a critical infrastructure, and therefore, we are working to make sure we have a coordinated plan in place for a Pandemic (it is a matter of when, not if).  To get an idea of why this is important, head over to Nutwood Junction for a description of the "Black Death", circa 1348-1351.

So after getting caught up on J-Land, I laid out my packing (I can get by with my laptop bag and a carry-on), and mowed the lawn.  I planned well enough to be able to make a few entries also :o).  Now it is off to the showers.

Assuming they have high-speed internet available, I will check in with you all later.  I will be returning home late Tuesday night, so am taking Wednesday off (hoping to get a client meeting at the local golf course with our insurance agent). 

Have a great Sunday :o)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun protecting the plant from pestilential devastation, Dear! ;)

Beth

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Glad I gave you a chuckle this morning.  Have a safe trip and enjoy the beauty of Colorado if you have time.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip.....

Joann (aka ~ The Butcher)

Anonymous said...

Great to see people are taking the pandemic threat seriously. I hope the workshop works out well and that you can post some tips for business managers to get their preparedness underway. We need to keep pandemic preparedness at the forefront of every business manager's mind. It won't go away so better start preparing.

<b>Nigel Thomas</b>
For free references and tools go to <a href="http://www.birdflu-manual.com">Bird Flu Manual Online</a> or, if you need more comprehensive tutorials and templates, consider <a href="http://www.birdflu-manual.com/bird-flu-emanual/bird-flu-emanual.htm">Bird Flu D-I-Y eManual</a> for business preparedness and survival.

Anonymous said...

cool Bucko! I'm glad you're tuned in to this bunch!
natalie