Saturday, August 16, 2008

Olympic Badminton :o)

 
One of the sports that we were really hoping to see during these summer games was Badminton.  Today, we got to see the womens gold medal competition, China vs. China.  It is something to watch.  Zhang Ning wins!  During the match, the announcer mentioned that the shuttlecock "Lands like a butterfly with sore feet".  What a great quote!
 
We are hoping to catch some table tennis as well.  I know when I was in college, we got to the point in the dorm common area where we played 10-15 feet from the table, close to the table by Olympic Standards :o)
 
BEIJING (AP) Defending champion Zhang Ning of China has won the gold medal in women's singles in the Olympic badminton tournament, defeating Xie Xingfang in three sets.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was fun to watch! They mentioned that this is one of the high-speed games of the Olympics, with the shuttlecock traveling at speeds up to 200 mph. Who knew!

I liked watching the cycling, too.

I need to run errands, but I'm having a hard time tearing myself away from NBC!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Hi Ken,
My wife and I love the Olympic Games too and we have watched it every night on TV.    I wish we could have seen more Judo, and Power Lifting, but we are very happy to see the Swimming Team take the Gold!

Cordially,
Tom Schuckman
Union Grove, WI

check out my own AOL blog / |Journal:   "Old Soldier Tom's Journal"

tschuckman@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you and Beth are enjoying the games.  I watched the swimming last night.  How exciting was that?  Loved it.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched the games but I'm keeping track by the news.  I never knew we had badminton in the olympics. LOL
Missie