Sunday, August 10, 2008

World Famous for What?

Our itinerary yesterday was to walk around the harbor area here (we were amazed that there are only coffee shops, restaurants, and yacht sales offices).  We did find an old book store, and I was able to drag Beth out after only about 25 minutes.

We then headed up the ocean a spell (5 miles, 17 minutes) to meet my brother and nephew at World Famous restaurant, right on the beach at Mission Beach.  We arrived 15 minutes early, anticipating a cool beverage while we waited for the others, but ended up cursing my brother for selecting the busiest location in San Diego for lunch.  It took us 20 minutes to find parking, and we had a chance for another walk.

After we got our table, right at the edge of the beach sidewalk (a wonderful place to people watch, or cringe at the sight of an older woman with a thong on - we went eeewwww! at the same time as the table next to us:o).  We opened the menu, and there was a burger, a cod sandwich, and a bunch of appetizers.  Beth and I just looked at each other and asked - World Famous for What???

We had a quiet evening in, watching the Olympics.  You can see a couple of pictures of our hotel and a description of our hotel bar experience at Nutwood Junction

Off to Yucaipa to see my Aunt, Cus, and the rest of the gang, before we head out tomorrow :o)  It went fast, but was an excellent break and the Friends and Family Tour was a huge success.  I promise more pictures when I get back.  Ciao for Now :o)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess World Famous for old women in thongs!  I've seen some slack menus before, but two sandwiches & appetizers?  Well, the important thing is that you two are having a fantastic time. Glad you got to go & the weather cooperated.

Dirk

Anonymous said...

Even though the restaurant wasn't anything to cheer about, it was great to see Adam--and now we have his address!

Beth

Anonymous said...

There are something that should be illegal.   Wearing a thong on anyone over 30 is one of them.   Another, and I witnessed this myself,  is a pair of hot aquamarine, spandex pants on anyone larger than a size 10; I  know the pants I saw were about a size 20.  

Claudia

Anonymous said...

I for one would never trust any place that was called World Famous.  The best restaurant I found in Sarasota advertised "warm beer and lousy food."  DB

Anonymous said...

... "we had the chance for another walk" ... polite way of saying y'all had to park a long way from the restaurant ..!

... enjoy your time ..!

Anonymous said...

lol! i thought the ewww part was funny!
yup San Diego can get a trifle busy!
hope you're having fun!
hugs,nat