Thursday, August 21, 2008

Midwest Lights

 
One of the things I love about traveling through O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, is the tunnel that connects the B and C terminals.  This tunnel is at least 15 years old, but I still love the neon lights. 
 
Imagine this if you will, you descend from the brightness of a glass terminal with bright sunshine illuminating all the glass and chrome, and descending via the escalator into the initial quiet of the darkened tunnel.  As you descend, the soft edges of a new age song tickle your inner ear.  You feel a calm wash over you. 
 
 
How disappointing, as I was trying to paint this picture in your mind, I got stumped at something that sounds better than "ear hairs".  I had to settle for inner ear, but it just kind of deflated me when we could not find a name for the ear hairs (inner, not the old man ones that I grow on the outside <LOL>)
 
My work here is done :o)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! There might be a name for them, but I don't know what it is! What was really funny was when I typed in "ear hairs" to do a search, the choices that came up were "Search for ear hairs on the web" and "Shop for ear hairs." <giggle>

Beth

Anonymous said...

Well, I was traveling right along with you and had no problem with inner ear.  Then you stomped all over the tranquility.  LOL.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

ok, well the tunnel looks cool, anyway.

Joann

Anonymous said...

Now that I have reached a certain age, many men who are attracted to me have major ear hair issues. I'll pass. Yeah, I am shallow like that. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

... makes me want to figure a way to create a moment at the airport ... maybe get ol' 'braska to meet me halfway and we'll take that walk ... hope it doesn't change 'fore I get that chance ..!

Anonymous said...

Sounds serene, the walkway not the ear hairs (winks), another name follicles, membrane, ummm yeah not necessarily romantic. How about describing the music as a gentle whisper in your ear? (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

nice
nat