Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ghost Deer <woooooooooo> :o)

 
While not a bright picture, I decided to post this one anyway.
 
The lame little flash at the top of my new SLR camera went off,
but it produced an unexpected result.
 
The setting was dusk, the place was the backyard at Nutwood Junction,
and the subject was a white-tailed deer (one of a band of at least nine).
 
The flash was just enough to produce a shine off of the eyes.
 
This went from a questionable picture to one that I really like, and hope that you do as well.
 
I had one-on-one meetings with my employees today, and they had this same "deer in the headlights look" when I asked them, so what to you think of your performance over the past month.  They are so used to getting talked to, that they were shocked to get asked their perspective.  Nice to know I can still shock and surprise occassionally :o)
 
I hope you are having a great week!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome picture!
Missie

Anonymous said...

WOW!  I love that picture.  I'm glad you decided to post it.  Also, glad you gave your employee's a chance to voice their opinion.   A lot can be accomplished with that attitude.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Wooo, scary! Cool pic!

I saw three bucks in the back yard today, minimum 8-point, one probably more like 10-point. They're getting big!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Very cool pic.... and I'm surprised you can get that close to them, that's so cool!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I like this one! I've given plenty of people that deer in the headlights look lately...(winks) Hugs, Indigo

Anonymous said...

It looks like a relative of Rudolph!

Laura

Anonymous said...

pretty deer!
hugs,
nat