Sunday, August 31, 2008

NOLA, Prayers :o(

An anxious day today.  As we have puttered around J-Land and such, we have been monitoring the situation in the Gulf.   A new friend Miss Ginger, and Beth, have both put up entries regarding the pending hurricane Gustav.  It seems that NOLA is better prepared than previously, with a mandatory evacuation already in place, and [this is for you Indy] there is an evacuation plan for all the critters as well.  Please keep all the people and animals in the Gulf region in your prayers and thoughts, I know we are. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The story on NBC about evacuating the pets made me cry!! I was thinking of Indigo and Pickles, and how lucky they are to have found each other. :)

Beth

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update hon. I've been by both journals Beths and Miss Ginger. As you already know i posted on my journal about the animals as well. I hope everyone remains safe and out of harms way. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Everyone and every pet and animal in the path of Gustav are in my prayers.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I think I worry more about the animals than the people.  People can take care of themselves and get out of harms way.  Animals depend on people to take care of them.  Prayers to everyone and everything in the path of this terrible storm.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

They are so much better prepared this time... and that MANDATORY evacuation is going to save lives!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a praying man but, if it's as bad as Ginger is predicting, then they'll need any help they can get, so I'm in.

B.