Sunday, August 3, 2008

Yucaipa BBQ

Family and Friends Tour Continued!
 
Alas, my brother could not make it to our little get together, but fun was had none-the-less.  We will get to see him next week while we are down in San Diego.  We were able to have an excellent evening of fun and family.
 
 
Just to give you an idea of the area, this is a picture I took just down the street from cousin Ros's place.  You can see the mountains in the background, the dry/desert environment in the foreground, and the Yucaipa city area in the green valley.  My day started with a six mile run, going down the hill into the valley, and then returning.  Yesterday was a scorcher, hitting a high of 98 degrees.
 
 
 
Beth and I headed down to the local hardware store to get a nut to fix the outside lamp (it was handing by a ground strap), picked up some beer and ice, and headed back to the house.  It was unbelievably hot, so it was great to get into the pool later in the afternoon.  A little pool volleyball was in order, this is me against Kristi and Chandler.  We had a lot of fun, and it was even better when Chandler's brother Dillon and father Glen joined us. Toward the end, it was the old men against the kids, and we won three straight.  There is still some fight left in us :o) 
 
We had a great evening.  Cousin Murray came back up from Palm Springs, and let me tell you, he sure is a talker.  He has some great stories of family times from the 1960's, when he used to change my brother's diapers and feed me a bottle :o)  As you can see, my Aunt Bea is very engrossed with his conversation.
 
 
It was kind of fun to feed ice cubes to Maddie, she was just a chomping and a chomping.
 
  
 
Glen and Ros put on quite a spread, beef/chicken/fish shish-ka-bobs, with onions/zucchini/peppers (Beth got my peppers), potato salad, garden salad, deviled eggs, baked beans, and garlic bread.  It was a great meal.
 
 
One of the things that Beth and I have marveled at is the amount of texting that Kristi,Chandler, and Dillon all do.  They are constantly at it from the time they wake up until bed-time.  Unbelievable.  You can see Kristi and Chandler sitting by the pool, do you think they are texting each other?
 
 
Last, I thought this was a great shot of Dillon and Chandler, they will soon be a part of the family :o) 
 


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! It was a total blast!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a fun day and the pool looks awesome!
Missie

Anonymous said...

As always, great pictures from you. Spending time with family can be such fun, especially with a great storyteller like your cousin Murray. As I stated in Beth's journal, I love that pool!--Sheria

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and looks like everyone was  having a good time.  Explain texting to me please...IT'S A PHONE, RIGHT?  LOL
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Does Murray have any pictures of the little Bucko being fed the bottle? Other than the great pool I am still pretending to swim in since reading Beth's entry, that is the picture I want to see. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

I am glad you guys are having a great time
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the fun just keeps on coming. Well done for showing the young 'uns how to play volleyball.

B. x