Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Family & Friends Tour - San Diego

Alas, this is the last entry for our Friends & Family Tour.  Hope you enjoyed our little journey :o)

 
 
I mentioned previously that I would post some pictures from our Friends and Family Tour.
 
 
This is a picture from Shelter Island, in the San Diego Bay, looking back at the mainland.
 
 
We loved all the boats, and the relative seclusion in the harbor.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I could not resist taking this picture, first, we love the T.V. show "The Office", and second, how hard would this setting be to be your place of work.  As MasterCard says, "Priceless".
 
 
 
 
 
 
Last, to the right, is my favorite picture of the trip.  This is a picture of my Brother and his son.  The picture does not do either of them true justice; my brother is 6'-4" tall, and his son has Tattoos from his neck to his ankles.  During our lunch, my nephew's friend mentioned some friends who had Tattoos of their children's feet on their own feet, and he thought this was a great idea.  He has already reserved his back for his married family.  While this sounds strange, he is absolutely a great young man, and we finally have his address and contact information.  We have marvelled at what a wonderful person he is, even though first impressions can be deceiving.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

San Diego is a wonderful place to "play."  The weather is nearly perfect all the time and there's so much to do. Looking forward to being back there the end of September.   Linda in Washington  

Anonymous said...

<sigh> "Mem'ries...misty-watercolored mem'ries...." Okay, I'll shut up now.

Great pictures, and a great time. I hope Adam makes it out our way one of these days. It would be interesting to see how he reacts to the boondocks after being raised in San Diego! Isn't it amazing how much he looks like his Dad? Wow.

Beth

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures Ken.  Loved sharing your trip with you.  BTW, I try to never judge a book by it's cover.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures.  Your trip sounds and looks like it was wonderful. 'On Ya' -ma

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's hard to believe that Adam is the same person as the little boy we met years ago. It sounds like he has grown into quite a pleasant young man.

Enjoyed the lake pics too. It's such a pleasure to share "our" lake with friends. Not sure when we'll get out next. We avoid the lake on holiday weekends as the hardy-party crew tends to take over and it gets real choppy with all of the wake boats. I suppose we have to share with them too ;-).

Kimberley

Anonymous said...

... nice pics ... the tattoing made me catch 'skinsweats' ... not only do I doubt whether I could take the pain, I don't think I have the creativity to even request the proper tat ...

Anonymous said...

dear Ken, wonderful pictures of your family!
thanks for a wonderful entry about your time in Dan Diego! cheers!
nat