Saturday, August 2, 2008

Four Legged Friends

 
We are now comfortably into our second day of the Friends & Family Tour. 

This entry, I will share two of the four legged variety.  Here is Matte, a sweet golden lab, she is an outdoor dog, with a fenced yard, and a pool that she takes a dip into when she gets hot.
 
I have had the chance to chase her around the back yard a few times, and we play with her ball and her bone.  The pool and deck is where we are having a family barbeque today.  My Aunt Bea (we are celebrating her 84th birthday today), my brother is coming up from San Diego, my cousin Murray will be here from Palm Springs, and then there is my cousin Ros, her boyfriend Glen, and their children Kristi and Dillon, respectively.  Of course, you will have Beth and myself also.  I promise pictures in another entry.
 
 
Last, and certainly least :o), is Java.  This is my Aunt's BFF, and she is cute in a yappy, shaky, small dog kind of way.  My Dad used to raise German Shepherds, so I am partial to bigger dogs.  But she brings so much joy to my Aunt and my Cousin Ros, that I have to admit (shhh! don't tell anyone:o), that I find myself tolerating, if not kind of liking her.  But I do also have to admit that I have fun making faces at her and getting her to growl.  I also call her Lava for fun :o)
 
 
Hope you are having a nice weekend.  We had a delightful dinner out at a nice Italian restaurant last night.  I will let you head over to Nutwood Junction for a description of that event.  I have managed to get in a run yesterday (four miles) and today (six miles) as a great start to the day - heading out at 8:30 to avoid the 90 degree temperatures that we get here in the early afternoon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww.  Both dogs are great.  As an animal lover, I love them all (even the small ones).  Sounds like great fun.  
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great vacation ...
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

It was also nice to meet and spend time with Glen's daughter, Chandler. What a cool name, and what a lovely girl.

What cracks me up about Java/Lava is that you can just look at her and curl your lip, and she starts growling. She's so easy! And I think that the yellow lab is Maddie, not Matte.

Another fun day!

Beth


Anonymous said...

Matte looks a fine specimen, almost smiling for the camera.
Lava - that's not a dog it's a rat! next time she barks listen, I bet it even sounds like she's saying 'rat rat, rat rat!  ;O)
The family gathering sounds as though it's going well.

B.