Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Faux Kiss

 
OK, I could not resist.  Kitty Kiss to the left, while a excellent faux "Kiss" imitation, is not the subject of this entry.  Warning: this entry has a graphic element to it!  Beth and I warned you, we have a warped sense of humor :o)
 
As Beth and I have watched the Olympics, especially the gymnastics, we could not help but notice the difference in the team dynamics between the men's and women's teams.  The men are all high-fives, bumping, and such; while the women are all about Faux Kisses.   
 
 
The picture to the right has the "Mwha, Mwha" perspective of the faux kiss.  My comment to Beth was that when you see their faces, you expect to see them with razor blades clenched in their teeth, slashing as they make their faux kissing motions <squirt, squirt, squirt sounds here>.  The emotions are not genuine, and by the look in their eyes, they would rather be slashing than kissing.
 
I much prefer to see genuine emotion.  I am normally fairly calm, but I have to admit that  I do wear my emotions on my sleeve, maybe I need to get a third arm <LOL>.
 
Until my next entry, the "Toweler" has signed out :o)
 
Confused by the third arm and Toweler references, click here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kitty Kiss Cover Band! "I wanna screech and howl all night, and slee-eeep every day!"

Beth

Anonymous said...

Has anyone ever told you that you are a hoot.  I never even noticed but now that you said it, you are right.  LOL.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Somewhere I actually have that kitten animated. I'll have to look for it. I can't stand fake expressions either. If someone is too hauty or intimated to be genuine with me, I'm not missing much by not having their acquaintance around. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

You're so right.... I actually saw someone doing that a few days ago, I noticed it, and it cracked me up!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

... I think that is part of the difference betweens cats and dogs ... men need the catharic release of geniue emotion because of the effort of focus and concentration it requires ... and with the men's team, they were overachieving, which always makes for geniue emotion ... you can't fake trying your hardest ...

... faux kisses are just as you say ... a stage piece, a prop to conceal true emotions ...

Anonymous said...

You would enjoy being around when the actresses are fighting.  Not much kissing, but "No, dear."  "But, daaaarling..." Listen here sweeeeeet heeeeart.." etc.  D