Saturday, August 16, 2008

Friends & Family Tour - Summerland

As promised, this is the first of multiple entries that include pictures from our Friends & Family Tour, California Vegecation.  Enjoy.

 
Friends & Family Tour - Summerland. 
 
As Beth wrote about during our Friends & Family Tour, we stopped off on our drive up to central California in Summerland (link to her entry here Summerland). 
 
The car seen at the picture to the left is the convertible we rented (note, put on sunscreen if you are going to be driving for 4+ hours <LOL>, I am still peeling). 
 
At the right is the picture of the brave Seagull that we witnessed stealing food out of the busboy's bin at a nearby table.
 
More entries and pictures in the days to follow :o)


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the gull picture--he seems to be quite the proud American!

LOL at the sunscreen when in the convertible--I think I'm mostly done peeling! Thank goodness I had my I Love Lucy cap, or my face would have gotten fried!

Beth

Anonymous said...

I miss my convertible!  I never wore sunscreen on my face, and ended up having a chunk of my face cut out because of skin cancer.  So yes, please be careful.  I got rid of my convertible so I wouldn't be tempted to keep riding around with the top down and no sunscreen!  
Missie

Anonymous said...

I imagine along with the sun, you would of also been exposed to a mild windburn as well. Beth took the words right out of my mouth (err typing fingers) about the seagull. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

I LOVE SUMMERLAND!!!!  There's a GREAT little sandwich shop there backed up against the highway with a surf theme... can't remember the name of it, but we love that place.

Joann