Sunday, September 28, 2008

Apple Butter Day :o)

We had a great day yesterday (read about it at Nutwood Junction).  When we arrived at Cousin Tom's House, we helped prepare the apples.  As the initial ingredients were cooking down, we walked around the yard and took some pictures.

After that, between 11:30 A.M. and 1:00 P.M., family and friends started to arrive.  We mixed and mingled, which is where the shots in the video came from.  One thing that the "family" is known for is eating, and you will see a shot of the spread that was out for the potluck.  The last shots in the video are of Cousin Tom taking the turkey out of the "ground oven".  It was very tasty.

This was a learning experience for me today, I used Google "Picasa 3" to convert my pictures to a move, then went to YouTube and uploaded the video (could not get the Picasa upload to work).  Eventually, I hope to add captions and music, but since this effort took me several hours this afternoon, I will leave it silent.  Enjoy.

Hope your weekend was good, and that you head into the new week with a positive attitude and smile on your face :o)

 

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty interesting.  I've seen pork done that way but never a turkey.  I'll bet it was good.  Sounds like a great day.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hey, cool slide show. I haven't tried that--it will be fun to mess around with it.

Great pictures, great day. I didn't realize how many shots you took, so it was fun to see them!

I loved the picture of Maddie [my great-niece, for your readers] carrying the dog. She was in seventh heaven with those dogs, and Jana [Maddie's mom, my niece] said that Maddie wants to be a vet. I hope she achieves her dreams!

Beth

Anonymous said...

I read Beth's entry and just loved being able to share in this wonderful family time you guys had.  How old-fashioned, easy going and fun it all looked.  It brought back some memories of my childhood that my children have unfortunately never experienced.  I do not have anyone left in my family with farm land.  Sad.

Donna

Anonymous said...

Read about your wonderful day... and very envious!!  Sounds like a great old fashioned family day!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks like it was a wonderful day!
Missie

Anonymous said...

And you do realize the comment "That is the way they roll, and now so do I" earned you at the very least, dork of the week.  ;)  I think Beth has you watching entirely too many corny movies.  
Jamie