Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Be Thankful if You Can :o)

A short entry tonight, I had a Board meeting for the local Project Management Chapter and did not get home until about 7:30 P.M.

As I was coming home and was at a stop light, I saw a broken down car coming up beside me.  I looked over, and there was a young boy in the back seat, with a Burger King crown on, and a wistful look on his face.  The adults, both male, in the front seat look almost as run down as the vehicle they were driving. 

It make me very thankful for the things that I have in my life.  My Wife and Family, My Children, My Values and Beliefs, My Health, My Job, and My J-Land Friends.  See my previous entry, and give until it hurts, there are many out there that need our support during these difficult times. 

I dedicate this entry to makemarc at Sober Gay Poz Ex-Con.  Thank you Marc for reminding us of what we have :o) 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will it surprise you if I said this choked me up? I thought not.

We all need a reminder sometimes of how fortunate we are. Sometimes it hits me in the oddest places and times...seeing a look in someone's eye, seeing someone's back as they walk down an alley...sounds like you had such a moment tonight.

Beth

Anonymous said...

UNH?  However do I deserve this acknowledgement!  Well, THANKS, anyway! Who am I to argue?

Anonymous said...

Okay, I guess I had a paragraph about how rich I feel compared to most of the world, but shucks, Bucks, you're embarassing me!

Anonymous said...

Counting our blessings is always a wonderful way to start and end each day.  Good for you Ken.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I thank God every night for what he has done for me. Paula

Anonymous said...

I am hearing horror stories all around me , I know I send prayers out to our nation and our neighbors
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a reality check to remind us of our good fortune.
I like the alternative phrase: "give until it feels good". We all have something to give. Giving also makes room for blessings to bloom in our own gardens as well as in those of others.

Anonymous said...

I pray and thank God every day.

Hugs, Rose

Anonymous said...

... this feeling of utter apprieciation for the calm of ones life ... is something that I feel each and every day ... and I celebrate it by sharing as much as I can with others ...

... parapharsing mary jo's Dad ... though I don't believe in what you may do, I treat EVERY man as my brother ... and I feel for everyone ...

... as to the way things have shook out for me ... I gotta say I will take it everytime ..!

Anonymous said...

I know I take the good things I have in life for granted more than I should.  Thanks for the reminder!
Lori