Saturday, September 20, 2008

Management 001 - Disconfirmation :o)

For you J-Landers out there, who like me, are still part of the daily grind, here is a link to a video on bad management - Disconfirmation.  I plan on doing some of these periodically to bring you a bit of humor.  Sometimes, knowing what not to do is just as important as doing the right thing :o)

Disconfirmation:  Face-to-face interaction of executives with their employee subordinates is an unfortunate necessity in most organizations. However distasteful, such exchanges do provide fertile opportunities for the seeding of Radical Demotivation™ in the employee psyche. In this segment, Dr. E.L. Kersten explains one of several disconfirmational communication tactics which can be helpful in disabusing employees of their narcissistic delusions of parity.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved it!  So warped!  I have the boss from hell and it would not surprise me if she pulled out hand sanitizer! She recently was discussing her $400 jeans with members of the staff that make $12 an hour acting as though it was to be expected that you HAD to pay that amount to get jeans that truly fit.

Donna

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Also LOL at Donna's comment! I think we've all had a Boss From Hell at some point in our lives, and it's fun to share "war stories."

Beth

Anonymous said...

Oddly one of my worst bosses was at a Catholic school.  Strange but true.  '
On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Ken thankyou for visiting my Journal it is nice to meet you ~ and I enjoyed your video "Disconfirmation" ~ I have been lucky enough not to meet a boss like that ~ but I know I would have walked out of that job if I had :o) ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

that guy is a ass sorry there is just no other way to put it if anyone of my staff had ever treated an employee like that they would of been sorry , we were all like family at my company we all did what it took to keep the doors open and I am glad to say no one ever quit It was sad to close but we are all still close friends today .
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I reckon every boss within Royal Mail must take those classes.

B.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a good weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I KNOW that my last boss read that book, probably helped write it!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I've had a couple that took that class.  LOL.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

... is this a 'Dilbert word' ..?