Thursday, September 25, 2008

Good Day at the Office :o)

We are getting ready to watch the Office, and this show is one of the best shows in recent memory.  It is one of the inspirations for my new "Sunday Silliness" entries.

But that is not the subject of this entry.  Today, several months of investigation, interfacing with various senior management and engineers, and many hours of balancing the 5-10 year budget, I received approval of a 5 year capital budget for the station today.  This is a first in my nine years there, doing more than one year at a time.  As an added extra, we approved the incentive plan for 2009 as well.  Unfortunately, the 2008 incentive may take a hit based on my previous entry, with one of the units out of service.  Good thing we do not budget for incentives :o)

Hope your week is going well, and with tomorrow being Friday, that you are ramping up for an excellent weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohooo! Great job on the extended budget!

Within 2 minutes of the season premier of  "The Office," I snorted from laughter. Oh man, this could be the best season ever! Great job so far!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Good Job!  Enjoy tomorrow and the weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

... that is a big, big thing ... I used to try to do that with my real life, and I am trying to get back into it in small ways, a little bit at a time ...

... having been a part of working on getting orginizational budgets with the projections done is a major piece of work ... good job ..!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!  Great job!!!  Guess I don't have to tell you to have a great weekend, huh?!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the budget.  Good job!
Kathy