Monday, September 8, 2008

Gloomy Monday

As Beth mentioned on her journal, we had a very productive morning, and got our errands done and home before eleven.  Always nice to spend quality time with my bride :o)

 

Both of my vehicles are good for the next several months, and today I escaped with only an oil change, no extras :o)

 

Next order of business was to get to the yard work that had been neglected due to rain and football over the weekend.  I managed to get the fallen limbs in the front path chain-sawed and moved, and the lawn mowed, only had to endure 10 minutes of chilly rain :o)  Made for kind of a gloomy Monday afternoon.

 

As I sit here, all cleaned up, I have been dealing with allergies for the past hour – either ragweed or golden rod.  This time of year, every time I mow, it takes me a couple of hours to recover :o(

 

Thought I would leave you with some web sites to help you clear your clutter <LOL>

 

Stop receiving unsolicited credit card offers by mail:  go to www.optoutprescreen.com and specify that you wish to be permanently removed from pre-approved credit card offer lists.

 

Stop telemarketers from calling your home using mass-marketing lists filled with your personal information: go to www.donotcall.gov and request to be added to the National Do Not Call Registry.

 

Back to the grind tomorrow, hope your weekend and your Monday were excellent and tolerable, respectively :o)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a fun long weekend!

Wish there was a website where I could "declutter" your stuffy nose. :( It seems to be letting up a bit now, though--I could tell you were miserable for a while!

Beth

Anonymous said...

It wasn't an easy start for me but the work day ended just fine, the weather is absolutely perfect.  Cool this morning, but 79 this evening.  We'll be getting the rain tomorrow and it's cooling down again.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I'm an alergy freak too Ken, but I don't have to worry about yard work so that helps.  Also, it is still 90 degree's here and no fall in sight.  It's coming though.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Thankfully I don't suffer allergies. Pickles is pouting because we didn't have enough outside time today. Unfortunately I have to pack up my living room and dining room, as they are tearing out my ceiling in both rooms Wedn. and Thurs (yes, you can tell Beth I will be out of the house and not breathing the dust - we already thought of that with the Emphesema). I swear I'll hang them out to dry if they don't finish it and try to leave me hanging for another week with everything not being able to be used...grrrr....Our lawn and yard are neglected this summer, when this is done I want to clear out the plant beds, mow and get it ready for next spring....

Ever feel like the list is un-ending.

Anonymous said...

My lawn (both front & back) needs to mowed next week before we leave home.  When can you be here?   My Rav 4 needs an oil change too, but since it's going to be parked for 6 weeks while I'm out of town, I'm going to wait until I get back. Bob checked all the levels the other day and it will be fine till the 1st of November.   Linda in Washington

Anonymous said...

... as you can see, I just randomly pick from the back log ... I hope to one day have someone to get errands done early, so that I can spend time with them ..!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to get my yard mowed Monday evening, went to get the riding mower out of the shed and it wouldn't start.  Thomas will have to get it checked out.  So now I have to mow with the push mower which means the kids will be helping! lol  I can't do the push mower much any more, but I LOVE mowing on my Snapper.  It's some "me" time.  I've been having more trouble with allergies for the past few weeks than is usual for me, too.  I don't know what it is, but it has hit me with a vengeance.
Lori