Saturday, September 6, 2008

I Feel Dirty :o(

Somehow, while surfing J-Land and making an entry, I managed to pick up a computer virus.  I have to say, it is extremely frustrating.  About every third click in Internet Explorer, I get a message “Do you want to continue browsing unprotected?” with the option to install “Antivirus XP 2008” or cancel.  This has wiped out entries and comments on several occasions.

 

This makes me feel so vulnerable, I am thinking of going out to get a condom, because who wants to browse unprotected, and I do not believe that abstinence is an option in this case :o)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, no, that doesn't work very well, does it?

After doing a little research last night, it looks like "Antivirus XP 2008" is a known virus that seems to eat up hard drive space. I don't know if it will damage files, but it does look like it can be removed by your IT guys. I know it's frustrating in the meantime.

Beth

Anonymous said...

... you are such a card ..!  

Anonymous said...

It's such a pain to see the screen with a condom over it though, but you're welcome to try.

Anonymous said...

You are a hoot.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

We "cybersluts" have to watch out for that kind of stuff!  Hope it clears up with a little shot of PC-Cillin!

Anonymous said...

I had that problem a few months ago. I do know at the moment AOL is acting up like a spoiled child to boot. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

LOL!
Never play with your computer unprotected! LOL
I hope you get it straightend out soon.
Missie

Anonymous said...

You're a crack up... and so are these comments!!!  LOL!!!  Hope it's all better soon!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

This same message kept coming up on Eler Beth's laptop, and we had to go to the run menu, type in MSCONFIG, choose the Start option, and un-click it from there.  It had actually set itself to run on start up.  Hope you manage to get rid of it on your 'puter.
Lori