Monday, September 1, 2008

Female Placekickers :o)

Today, on AOL, there was the following headline story:
 
 
14-Year-Old Removed From High School Football Team ... Because She's a Girl
If you are going to discriminate against someone, and I'm not advocating that you do, mind you, you should probably lie about it. Sure, that's compounding evils, but at least you're not going to get fired and then summarily sued for sexual discrimination.
 
First, let me say that I think that gender should not be a factor in athletics.  If you can grit it out, whether you are male or female, you should be given an equal shot.  That is the simple view of course, because in some cases, allowing male athletes to compete on female teams could cause an unfair advantage.  So, I as I write this, I amend my first statement, and say that if a female would like to try out for a team, they should be given equal opportunity.  Some sports and events, need to stay gender specific (Olympic events, etc.).
 
So having said that, as I clicked through to the story, and saw pictures of other female placekickers that have played in sports and in some cases cut from the team, I say it is not the gender, just look at the pictures, it is because they are missing a foot :o) 
 
Disclaimer: this intent of this entry is to only bring you humor, the dialog up front is an attempt to not offend.  Consider the source, I AM BUCKO :o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, Bucko, you so baaaaad.

But when you look at those photos in the perspective...it DOES look pretty weird!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Isn't that Heather McCartney's team? I hear they're not doing too well.

Anonymous said...

This is cracking me up.... that's SO FUNNY!!!!   P.S. My son's high school has a girl on their varsity football team, she's GOT A FOOT... and KNOWS how to use it!!!  LOL!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Boy does that piss me off (SORRY).  First, they should not have booted her because she's a girl and second, they should have lied...lol.
Hugs, Joyce